Took a hard dive off the beam and into the fridge yesterday. Looks like I don't do well with the negativity that is swirling around me at the office. The constant griping about "the move" and the bitching about this, that or the other just hikes my anxiety level up and yesterday I binged to stop it. I cannot stand five weeks of this. So I've got to come up with a different plan.
Here are some things I can do:
1. Spend less time at my desk by:
a. longer gym sessions
b. not eating at my desk
c. take some vacation hours in the afternoon
d. use this time to visit other people at work
2. Know that other people's issues are not mine by:
a. Repeating the Serenity Prayer
b. keeping my headphones on
3. I will stay away from the office kitchen (I sit right by it)
a. I will close the door between the kitchen and my desk
4. I will plan my day so that it keeps me fully engaged all day.
5. If I want something to eat, I am always able to walk over to the grocery store and have some fruit if I am really hungry. I don't restrict, I only re-direct.
6. I can take a break and step outside with my cell phone and make calls if I feel myself getting sucked into the vortex of whining.
7. Keep repeating the Serenity Prayer
Take good care of yourself. Be kind to others. Re-assess and Re-balance.